Would you like to make more money? Have better quality relationships in your life? Feel confident that you are genuinely present and of service every time you interact with someone? Know that you make a difference in everyone’s life that you come in contact with?
Creating these wonderful outcomes doesn’t come from external tasks and practicing your elevator pitch for hours before attending a networking event. Or having that perfect business card and the most efficient marketing system on the planet.
These outcomes emanate from conversations you have.
If you would like to improve your sales numbers, or the quality of your personal relationships, take a look at what types of conversations you are having. Just as important as what you are saying is how you are being and where you are coming from when interacting with people.
What are the energy levels of the conversations you engage in?
The energy level of each conversation is more important than anything you can say. People will spend days and weeks putting together and practicing their “elevator pitch” when what they should be looking at first is the intention behind their conversations.
Here are six energy levels you can be in in business:
- Victim energy. At mercy of circumstances. Blaming everything and everyone for the conditions of your life and business. Why you don’t have money, clients or work.
- Proving energy. Conversations about what’s wrong because you don’t trust yourself. Want to prove you are valuable and competent – often features and benefits based conversations. Talking about competition and comparing yourself to others.
- Understanding energy. Spending time justifying and explaining things. Who you are, what you do and why you do it. This person spends time understanding where the person they are talking to is and figuring them out, but doesn’t stand for making change. Accepts what is and doesn’t push.
The first three levels are draining levels of energy and do not support building a thriving business or a happy life. They suck energy from others rather than add to life. Let’s take a look at the some positive energy levels you can work from….
- Energy of Concern and Compassion. Coming from “this isn’t personal” when discussing business. Not trying to make something happen. Going into conversation looking for the greatest and highest good for the other person. Coming from a place of “I can help you”. If it’s not you that can help them it’s someone you can refer them to. Little bit of ego in there. Looking for what’s going on that you can fix.
- Win/win energy. More collaborative than the energy above. Looking for what’s right to build on. How can you empower this person with what’s working? Conversation is purposeful and not just chatty. A person in this energy level engages in purposeful conversation and doesn’t talk just to fill space.
When in this energy level you come from a belief that whatever you are saying is actually creating reality right now, what we say crafts what is possible. Not looking for “what’s wrong with this person that I can fix”, looking for “here’s what’s working for this person how can we build on this”? How can you empower this person with what’s working? Great energy if looking for joint venture partners.
- Energy of Connection. Honoring your own intuition and trusting the part deep within you that knows what to say and who to connect with. Coming from place of spirituality – a knowing that God/spirit brought this person to you (and you to them) for a reason. There’s a higher purpose behind the conversation. Absolutely trusting that everyone you have a conversation with is for a purpose. A lot of curiosity and certainty. Certain that everywhere you are is where you are supposed to be.
How are you feeling when you are in sales conversations? At networking events? What level of energy and “being” are you coming from? What would your life look like if you could change up one energy level in your business conversations?
Interested in catapulting your business forward today?